The contents provided here is an effort to compile relevant information in one place. The credit for these contents goes to the respective source. If someone has some objection to any content, please contact us.
Highlights of the CBSE circular dated 31.01.17
(Source : http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/attach/10th%20Board%20Exam%20English.pdf)
- Only class 10 Syllabus will be included.
- No Semester System: Board exams will take place at end of the year.
- 100% Syllabus: No division of syllabus for SA I and SA II. Full syllabus exam once at the end of the session.
- Marks will be awarded: Like class XII 9 Point Scale will be used for grades and also marks will be awarded.
- 80 Marks Exams: Now board exam will be of 80 Maximum marks for all subjects.
- 33% passing marks: Now students have to score 27 or more to out of 80 to clear the exam for each subject.
- 20 Marks Internal Assessment: Formative Assessment is discontinued.
- Periodic Tests: 10 Marks of Internal Assessment are from periodic tests. Total 3 tests will be conducted in an academic year for each subject. Average of best two will counted in Internal Assessment out of 10 marks.
- Three periodic tests will be premid, mid term and post mid term. Course of these will be cumulatively covered. It means Mid term course will include course for pre-mid term and Post mid term will include course for Midterm Test.
- Notebook Submission: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment are from notebook completed and checked, for each subject. Neatness is important now.
- Subject Enrichment Activities: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment Subject Enrichment Activities, as follows:
Language 1 (English) – ASL
Language 2 (Hindi/Punjabi) – ASL
Science – Practical Lab Work
Maths – Maths Lab practical
Social Science – Map and Project.
FIT/ICT – Practical Exam
- Sixth Additional Subject: 40 Marks Board Exam and 60 Marks Practical, in case of FIT/ICT.
- Co-Scholastic Activities: No grade upscaling based on co-scholastic activities